Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where is the world going?

So, I'm in the process of changing. It starts with 'tuning'. I really looked at myself, I found I was tired more than I wanted to be. I talked with my Doctor, had a sleep study, surgery on my nose. When that wasn't 100% went back to Doctor. Now I'm on medicine for ADD. I can write a lot on that subject, but for now... I'm a fan.

Intellectually, I'm closer to who I want to be, but I'm still distracted by all the possible options. All the paths that are before me. I need to really invest in something, and see how far I can take it. I need to really find out if I'm as smart as I think I am, as good as I'd like to be.

If I were reasonable, I'd start out with a potential list of goals, and skills and then I'd try to map those skills to the goals and pick something practical. I'm not going to do that.

I'm going to think about the future, I'm going to read about the future, I'm going to get smarter about the technology that intrigues me, and I'm going to try to share that knowledge with anyone who is interested.

Current future trends that interest me...
  • Robotics.
  • Alternative energy vehicles.
  • Long form television.
  • Social gaming.
  • How DVRs will affect viewing and content.
  • Working remotely.
  • Technology in education
  • Other questions.

These are some of the topics I'll be researching and sharing.

No comments: